Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration


I just got back from a meeting to discuss the Gilbert Temple cultural celebration coming up in March and WOW! I am so excited to be a part of it even if it is in a small way. I am in charge of costumes for our ward and I'm so envious of these youth who get to partake in this spiritual, uplifting, fun event. Of course I get jealous of all the youth who get to do Stake Pioneer Treks to be honest. I grew up in a small town heavily populated with LDS and surprisingly we didn't do treks! I would have loved to participate in something like that! All I have to say is our youth better get motivated to go. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and they would be crazy not to. It is an overwhelming task and I can't  imagine being in charge of over 10,000 (yes you read that right) youth who will learn songs and dances to perform on this special night. I'll be happy to help take care of our 25 youth in our ward! Anyways, so excited to be a part of it!

2 comments:

Kiersten Hart said...

That is so awesome! What an incredible opportunity to be part of that!!

Lisa Ferrin said...

I am so sad that we never got to do a trek as well. They do them in Safford now! And it woud have been amazing to be a part of a cultural celebration for a temple too. Lela and Matt were for the Gila temple. So wonderful!